Answers from Our Experts (1)
Here are some things you should know about Shutters on the Beach:
1. Shutters on the Beach is set right on the beach in Santa Monica but you’ll have to walk to most entertainment, including The Santa Monica Pier and Third Street Promenade. Both are about a 15- to 20-minute walk. Other Santa Monica hotels also have bustling bars and restaurants as well. Of course, if you prefer the Venice vibe, prepare for a five-minute drive.
2. Shutters is only one of two hotels on the beach in Santa Monica (the other is Casa del Mar). If you’re looking for a luxury beach hotel, you’ve pretty much found it at Shutters.
3. The property is made up of three buildings and it can be a bit confusing to find your way around. Our tip? Ask the staff to lead you to the spa and pool instead of trying to find them yourself.
4. You’ll have to pay for Internet and valet parking during your stay. However, there are no resort fees.
5. Be sure to request an ocean view room unless you don’t mind facing a parking lot.