Answers from Our Experts (1)
Before you book your stay at Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star The Beverly Hills Hotel, be sure to there are a few things to consider about the hotel:
1. Friendly staff. Despite its location in the most prestigious ZIP code in the country, you’ll find the staff here is warm, genuine and friendly — it’s anything but pretentious. Even if there’s a little bump, the service remains professional and accommodating. Our room wasn’t ready when we arrived, so we were treated to a round of drinks and appetizers on the house at The Polo Lounge. After we sat in the outdoor courtyard under the shining sun amid the palm trees and flowers, it was easy to forget the wait.
2. Hot-spot status. This is a place to see and be seen. You’ll definitely feel like everyone is looking around awaiting the entrance of a Hollywood A-lister off the red carpet. The hotel oozes Old Hollywood charm thanks to its long-standing history and location at the epicenter of Beverly Hills, just steps from Rodeo Drive and the Hollywood Hills. Celebs have flocked here since it opened in 1912 — legendary producer Howard Hughes, who was romantically linked to starlets such as Bette Davis and Katharine Hepburn, even kept rooms blocked off year-round so they’d be ready at the drop of a hat.
3. The Spanish design. The design style of the hotel is Spanish mission with a soft pink exterior that earned the hotel its nickname: the Pink Palace. Situated behind a wall of 80-year-old palm trees and banana plants, The Beverly Hills Hotel has a charming, secluded vibe that celebs, locals and tourists alike enjoy.
4. You’ll feel pampered. You’ll be pampered when you stay at The Beverly Hills Hotel, with a world-famous pool and a full-service spa that features luxurious treatments using diamond crystals and caviar to smooth your skin. Book a treatment in a private cabana overlooking the pool or sit back and relax in a green and white lounge chair with your own personal sunshade.
5. Cocktails by the pool are cold and delicious. Try one of the icy specialty margaritas made with reposado tequila and flavors such as spiced pineapple and guava.