Answers from Our Experts (1)
We could go on and on about the prestige and authenticity of The Beverly Hills Hotel — a true Beverly Hills landmark infused with a healthy dose of old Hollywood glamour. The sheer amount of palm trees and the Spanish mission-style pink building alone force you to take notice, but the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel has qualities that extend beyond its surface-level exterior. Here are five words we would use to best describe the style of The Beverly Hills Hotel:
- Warm. Not only does the temperature in Beverly Hills often require a bathing suit, but the staff at The Beverly Hills Hotel is also exceptionally warm — in a different way, of course. Even though celebrities stay at this Five-Star hotel regularly, you won’t experience any stuffiness in the form of “Who are you?” from the hotel staff. Plus, the English furniture and elegant carpeting create an inviting atmosphere.
- Historic. The Beverly Hills Hotel was built in 1912 long before plastic surgery was trendy or Beverly Hills became synonymous with affluence. It wasn’t until a couple of years later that gaggles of movie stars began to sequester themselves in the hills or the city was officially named Beverly Hills.
- Boutique. The fact that The Beverly Hills Hotel is smaller than usual — offering just 208 rooms, including 23 bungalows — works to its advantage. It’s intimate and has a boutique-style flavor with a pink and floral color scheme found in its public spaces. What other hotel can make an all-pink exterior and a carpeted lobby feel luxurious rather than dated?
- Chic. You’ll want to don your finest threads when you stay at The Beverly Hills Hotel, as it’s likely you’ll spot some famous faces. At any time celebrities like Sharon Osbourne might be, say, ducking out of The Polo Lounge, so keep your eyes peeled and — perhaps more importantly — dress to impress.
- Relaxing. Hang out by the famous pool and then have a snack at the adjacent Cabana Club Café. Between lounging and eating, book a rejuvenating treatment at The Beverly Hills Hotel Spa. Views of lush banana plants and palm trees will cap off your carefree 90210 vacation.