Answers from Our Experts (1)
The best things to eat and drink at The Beverly Hilton include a couple of specialty drinks, some yummy Asian dishes that we can’t wait to eat when we check in and a great breakfast buffet. The Four-Star hotel’s dining options include Circa 55’s California cuisine, the legendary Polynesian-themed Trader Vic’s, the Lobby Bar and Aqua Star pool’s sandwiches and other light fare. Here are five best things you shouldn’t miss while eating and drinking at the hotel:
1. A mai tai from Trader Vic’s. The delicious drink was invented here by Trader Vic himself. Apparently the drink got its moniker from a customer who tried it and exclaimed, “Mai tai roa ae!” which is Tahitian for “out of this world.” Order the potent, fruity rum drink and see if it lives up to its name. (We think it does.)
2. The daily breakfast buffet. We just can’t resist a good breakfast buffet and the one at the hotel’s Circa 55 does not disappoint. Every morning, the restaurant puts out a buffet of cold continental goodies (e.g. yogurt and cheeses) in one room, and a buffet of hot dishes (e.g. made-to-order omelets and French toast with skewered apricots) in an adjacent room. Order the American breakfast and you’ll be able to gorge on both buffets.
3. Trader Vic’s Thai red curry. This dish is so good that Trader Vic’s offers it on its dinner and lounge menus. Prawns (our chosen protein), eggplant, zucchini, carrots and peppers swim in a slightly sweet coconut-milk broth mixed with red curry paste, Thai chilies and Kaffir lime leaves. You’ll eat up every bit of that sauce with the side of rice.
4. Chai’s Beverly Starburst. The Beverly Hilton’s Polynesian-themed tiki bar is the longest-standing location of Trader Vic’s. This signature cocktail was made in honor of founder Vic Bergeron and the bar’s loyal guests. The lime-green concoction is mixed with fresh juices, rum, orange liqueur and mint.
5. Lobster dumplings. Trader Vic’s steamed lobster dumplings with seven-spice chili sauce is listed on the dinner menu as a starter, but you’ll probably want to make it your main course.