Answers from Our Experts (1)
We recommend you pack the following five things for a stay at the Four-Star Beverly Hilton:
1. A camera. Or, better yet, a smartphone. The hotel is a celebrity hub. Not only does it host the Oscars luncheon and Golden Globes each year, but stars regularly visit for galas, to get their hair done in the salon and so on. You’ll want to have a camera to play paparazzo while stars walk the red carpet for whatever event is taking place at the hotel (if you’re staying for at least a couple of nights, there’s bound to be something taking place during your visit).
2. A swim suit. The Beverly Hilton’s Olympic-sized pool is the largest heated outdoor hotel pool in Beverly Hills. You’ll be able to swim in waters up to 10 feet deep or just lay out on the chaise lounges lining pool. Either way, you’ll want to bring your swim gear. Plus, in the summer, there are “dive-in movies.”
3. Some sunscreen. This is a good rule of thumb for any place in sunny Southern California. However, it’s especially needed at the hotel if you plan on hanging near the pool, since it doesn’t have umbrellas or offer sunscreen to protect you from the beating sun.
4. Extra bags. If you are a shopaholic, you’ll be sure to ransack Rodeo Drive and Robertson Boulevard to binge on designer garb. Stow an extra duffel bag or two in your luggage so you don’t have to shop for a new suitcase, too.
5. BYO pet supplies. The pet-friendly hotel allows dogs and cats to stay in your room, but it doesn’t provide food, toys, bowls or a bed for them.