Answers from Our Experts (2)
You might not think a luxe place like The Peninsula Beverly Hills would cater to the younger set and offer kids’ amenities. But they do — from toys to pint-sized clothes to special menus. If you’re planning on bringing your kids to this Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel, watch out for these five best children’s amenities:
1. Kid-sized bath amenities. Your bathroom is stocked with small bottles of body lotion, bubble bath and body wash that’s sure to get your child ready for a scrub after a long day touring Hollywood and hitting the beach. Between the soaking tub and the bubbles, they won’t be able to resist bath time.
2. The Peninsula Beverly Hills teddy bear. This adorable stuffed animal wears a page outfit — complete with a white cap and uniform, just like the actual Peninsula pages wear. The teddy is theirs to cuddle with during their visit and to take home as a souvenir from their trip.
3. Kid-sized bathrobes and slippers. Parents, wait until you see these adorable duds. Your kids will love dressing just like mommy and daddy, lounging around in their robes and slippers. These mini items will be hanging in the closet, waiting for your kids when they get to their room.
4. Customized welcome amenities. When you make your reservation at this Beverly Hills hotel and mention a child will be staying with you, the reservationist will inquire about your child’s likes and dislikes. Then the guest relations staff will have something waiting for your child — whether it’s her favorite candy, comic book or toy — when she arrives. Finding the comforts of home in the room will make your kid’s stay that much more special.
5. The Peninsula Academy. This program offers kids an opportunity to learn about the surrounding area while they’re traveling. Whether it be surfing or cooking lessons, they’ll be introduced to something new that puts the fun in vacation.
We give special treatment to children at The Peninsula Beverly Hills. Upon arrival, when their parents enjoy a welcome drink, they are served a plate of cookies and milk. We also give them lollipops, personalized cupcake set-ups, with do-it-yourself toppings, along with Peninsula teddy bears and models of The Peninsula Mini Cooper. Kids are also given child-sized terrycloth robes and slippers.