Answers from Our Experts (2)
You’re not venturing to a remote location when you visit The Peninsula Beverly Hills, but it still helps to know what to pack on a trip here. Of course, you’re staying at a Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel where the service is top-notch, so if you leave something behind, someone can quickly help you locate what you need. Five things we recommend you pack for your stay at The Peninsula Beverly Hills include:
1. Swimsuit. You don’t want to miss out on lounging around the serene rooftop pool. Surrounded by a beautiful view and private cabanas, The Peninsula’s pool offers a relaxed, garden-like atmosphere with padded lounge chairs topped with pillows. The casual Roof Garden restaurant and bar is located next door, so you can order your meals here — without sacrificing any pool time.
2. An extra tote bag. If you didn’t already know this, the famous Rodeo Drive is just a few blocks away from The Peninsula Beverly Hills, so you might want some extra luggage to carry home your purchases. If you can’t afford the high-end shops on Rodeo, that shouldn’t stop you: Century City shopping center is only about a mile away and the nearby Wilshire Boulevard offers boutiques and department stores like Neiman Marcus and Barneys New York. Even if you don’t venture off the property, you might see products in the spa or the first-floor shop, so you’ll want to be prepared.
3. Dinner dress outfit. The Belvedere, a Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star restaurant, offers superb food in a country-club, garden-like setting. You can get away with business casual here, but you’ll want to look your best, as most male guests wear a jacket and ladies wear a dress or pants with a nicer top. You’re in Beverly Hills, so take advantage of the chance to dress up and show off.
4. Your camera. With its location in the middle of Beverly Hills, this Five-Star hotel offers great views from its rooftop and is also a prime location to go for a walk in the neighborhood. If you’ve never been to Hollywood before, your camera will come in handy for all the sightseeing along the Walk of Fame and at Grauman’s Chinese Theatre.
5. A good book. The Peninsula Beverly Hills offers some peaceful and quiet areas where you can get some R&R while reading. Lounge around the pool with your book or unwind in the relaxation room after a spa treatment. Or you can while away the afternoon reading in The Living Room with a cup of tea.
These are the five things we think you should pack for a stay at The Peninsula Beverly Hills:
1. Casual-chic clothing for sightseeing and shopping in Beverly Hills.
2. Sport coat for men, elegant dress, suit or pants suit for women, for dining in The Belvedere.
3. Bathing suit for swimming in the pool or relaxing in a private poolside cabana.
4. Workout clothes for exercising in the Fitness Center.
5. Sunglasses for enjoying Beverly Hills’ sunny year-round climate.