Answers from Our Experts (2)
The Peninsula Beverly Hills Spa features many great treatments, but if we have to pick the five best treatments, here are our choices:
1. The Peninsula Signature Custom Massage: This massage is customized to you and your needs. Your therapist will start by asking you what area of your body you want to work on the most. Then your therapist will use his or her own techniques, which usually will include reflexology to “read” your body and determine where you need the work done. From here, you’ll be treated to a mix of deep tissue, sports and Swedish massage techniques to massage your muscles; your therapist might even use shiatsu, including stretching your body.
When we were at this Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star spa, our therapist spent time explaining where we needed work on our muscles and how to heal certain issues we had — tension in the shoulders, upset stomach — using a holistic approach. The best thing is that this massage will be customized completely for you, and you’ll leave feeling like you’ve learned so much you didn’t know about yourself and your body.
2. The Shiffa Precious Gem Oil Massages. Choose from either a sapphire, ruby, emerald or diamond massage — all use the corresponding precious gemstone oils during the massage. Each massage has its own specific healing powers — the sapphire massage brings peace and tranquility and uses reflexology; the ruby massage brings happiness and vitality and will leave you feeling more balanced; the emerald massage brings strength and will help to detoxify your body; the diamond massage brings harmony and eases tension with hot stones and a scalp massage. These Peninsula Beverly Hills spa treatments are unique to The Peninsula hotels and each offer something special.
3. Reflexology. If you don’t mind pressure, this is a good massage for you. Pressure is applied to reflex points on both your hands and feet, which are related directly to certain organs in your body. You’ll not only benefit from the massage, which will relieve stress and leave you feeling lighter, but your whole body will improve its circulation. Your Peninsula Spa therapist will also explain where your body can use work and how to relieve stress on a daily basis.
4. Micro Infusion Pedicure. A treat for your feet, this pedicure does more than just make your toes look pretty. You might think of microdermabrasion as a treatment for just your face, but your feet can benefit from it, too. Dead and calloused skin will be sloughed away from your feet, leaving them smooth and soft.
5. The Peninsula Age-Defying Facial. Advanced technology allows you to achieve beautiful skin, without any pain or recovery time. Microcurrent and "ultrasonic" microdermabrasion will give you results, making your skin look younger, thus making you look younger. It’s relaxing and pain-free, so why not indulge while you’re at The Peninsula Beverly Hills Spa?
The five best treatments at The Peninsula Spa are:
1. Shiffa Total Healing Journey: 75 minutes
This wonderful massage and facial treatment-in-one is exclusive to The Peninsula Spa. Shiffa products are all organic and imported from Dubai. The precious gemstones infused into their oils and creams not only have aromatherapeutic and skin smoothing qualities, but they also aid in rebalancing the mind through the healing qualities of the requested gemstone. For example, diamond balances the mind, and ruby is said to inspire happiness.
2. The Peninsula Radiance Facial: 90 minutes
Thanks to the use of non-invasive technology, guests see an immediate improvement in skin texture and tone after this facial. Gentle ultrasonic microdermabrasion clears pores, and a natural microcurrent lifts and firms sagging facial muscles. Smoother, clearer skin will appear after LED light reduces redness and fine lines, and ultrasonic technology penetrates a customized organic serum deep into the skin for a fresh, radiant glow. This facial is perfect before a special occasion or event.
3. Gemstone Revival: 60 minutes
This treatment incorporates a full body scrub followed by a relaxing back, neck and shoulder massage. Guests can customize their experience by selecting one of four gemstone oils: diamond luxury oil for balance and harmony; emerald for stability and strength; ruby representing stimulation and vitality; or sapphire for peace and tranquility.
4. Green Tea & Sea Enzyme Body Wrap: 90 minutes
Beginning with a cleansing and antioxidant-rich body scrub to prepare the skin, a body wrap then
follows, containing green tea to relax and balance the body, ginger root to invigorate the mind, and a seaweed algae which stimulates the body’s metabolism. The final step is an aromatherapy massage with Epicuren lotion, to relax and rejuvenate.
5. Brazilian Propolis Body Wrap: 90 minutes
Propolis is a natural healing agent produced by honeybees in the Brazilian rainforest. This incredible substance is exceptionally high in antioxidants and forms a natural barrier against disease. In this unique wrap, the propolis is applied to the skin and sealed through the use of warm coconut milk, poured over the entire body and massaged in for remarkable hydrating and healing results. The harvesting of propolis produces economic aid to the Brazilian rainforest while at the same time being ecologically friendly.