Answers from Our Experts (2)
It’s always better to be overprepared than underprepared for a trip, so we’ve got you covered with five things you should know about Altira Macau. Here’s the lowdown on the luxury Macau hotel:
1. Altira is a romantic retreat. It’s the kind of place that makes you want to sip champagne and possibly pop the question. You can make it a family vacation (after all, restaurants that are completely separate from the gambling areas so you don’t have to drag your little ones through the casino floor), but we don’t think this is the best place for kids.
2. The rooms are outfitted with luxe Aigner in Leather bath products. They have a lightweight feel but strong scent. The lotion, shampoo and conditioner are top quality, but if you are sensitive to smells, you’ll want to pack your own toiletries or take advantage of Altira’s personalized service and call ahead of time to ask if a less-fragrant alternative can be arranged.
3. Altira takes the promise for personalized service seriously. Really, if you can conceive it, it can be done. If you want to do something special for someone staying at the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel, try one of the individualized services. With just a few days’ notice, the staff can embroider towels and bathrobes with any custom work or monogram you’d like.
4. The luxury hotel's location just across the bridge from Macau peninsula and away from Cotai Strip might seem remote, but it isn’t. You can easily get to all of the aforementioned sights within 10 or 15 minutes. Plus, the remote feeling is quite nice if you are looking to get away from the hustle and bustle.
5. The Five-Star hotel’s casino culture is geared to the Chinese high roller. Like most hotels in Macau, there is a lot of smoking, almost everywhere. Though smoking in places like the elevator is discouraged, it happens and can be off-putting.
At Altira Macau, our spa has some of the most sophisticated wet spa facilities around, with vitality pools, crystal steam rooms, saunas, an ice fountain, rasul and experience showers. These advanced amenities create the perfect destination for you to escape from the chaos of every day life and replenish your body’s elements. Our hotel is also tallest hotel in all of Taipa. We have 38 floors filled with all of the luxury elements you need in a property. The jaw-dropper is our lobby, situated on the top floor with astonishing views of the Macau peninsula. In addition to our unmatched view, the famed Peter Remédios (whose work includes other luxurious brand hotels such as The Landmark Oriental in Hong Kong, Grand Hyatt Tokyo and Four Seasons Hotel New York), designed the interior of Altira Macau. Playing to our desire to provide our guests with the epitome of luxurious personal service, we like to contact guests three days in advance, providing them with a welcome letter, asking for pickup service requests and arranging any spa and restaurant reservations.