Answers from Our Experts (1)
Before packing your bags for a luxurious stay at Banyan Tree Macau, here are a few things you should know:
1. This Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel is located in glitzy Cotai, about 15 minutes by taxi from Macau International Airport and is an even shorter trip from the Taipa Ferry Terminal. If your taxi driver isn’t familiar with the hotel — ours wasn’t — try directing him to the well-known Galaxy Macau Hotel. Banyan Tree Macau is connected to it, as well as to Hotel Okura Macau.
2. Bring your bathing suit. Not only are each of the villas and suites at the hotel outfitted with a small, heated relaxation pool, the hotel is also home to the biggest sky-wave pool in the world, a 43,000-square-foot space that also has three Jacuzzis, a man-made beach and is connected to a separate lap pool. When the weather outdoors isn’t cooperating, there’s also an indoor pool on the 31st floor for you to use.
3. If you’re traveling to Macau to try your luck at the casino, while you’ll have plenty of nearby options for rolling the dice – the most convenient of which is at attached Galaxy Macau Hotel. It’s a full-service casino, with everything from mazes of slot machines to blackjack tables to roulette wheels and small-scale Vegas-style performances.
4. The Five-Star hotel has two restaurants, a lounge and a casual poolside venue, Cabana, that’s ideal for afternoon snacks and drinks. Saffron, located on the first floor, is an elegant Thai restaurant that also serves daily breakfast buffet until 10:30 a.m.; the adjacent Banyan Lounge is perfect for pre- or post-dinner cocktails. On the 31st floor you’ll find the hotel’s signature fine-dining restaurant Belon, a contemporary space where you can enjoy everything from roasted pork belly to chilled plates of fresh oysters.
5. Finally, don’t worry about packing basic toiletries. Bathrooms at Banyan Tree Macau are stocked with a variety of complimentary products, including dental and shaving kits, combs, nail files, cotton buds and bottles of Banyan Tree’s signature body wash, lotion, shampoo and conditioner.