Answers from Our Experts (1)
If you’re considering a stay at Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Galaxy Macau, here are things to know in advance about the hotel:
1. Galaxy Macau hotel is in the Galaxy Macau complex that’s also home to Hotel Okura Macau and Banyan Tree — and each hotel has its own vibe. The boutique Okura offers distinctly Japanese calm, while the intimate Banyan Tree brings guests Southeast Asian relaxation. The Galaxy is livelier and larger, offering a more active resort atmosphere than its neighbors.
2. You never need to leave the hotel if you don’t want to. With over 50 food and beverage outlets, the famous Banyan Tree spa, a movie theater, a sprawling gaming floor and 35,000-square-meters of retail space, we completely understand if you don’t want to leave the hotel during your stay.
3. Kids are welcome – and even catered to – here, especially during the summer. Except for the casino floor, nearly all parts of the hotel welcome families, from the Kids’ Island to the Grand Resort Deck. Expect to see a fair number of little ones running round the complex, especially in the summer when the outdoor water facilities are fully open.
4. The rooms are tech friendly. The Four-Star Galaxy offers something nearly essential to all travelers these days: free Wi-Fi as well as fast in-room, plug-in connectivity. Add a 42-inch, LCD flat-screen TV with satellite channels and movies on demand, as well as an iPod dock next to the bed, and you have your tech fix taken care of.
5. The spa services can help you unwind. Although not in the Galaxy hotel proper, just across the building is the Banyan Tree spa with 21 beautifully appointed treatment rooms to soothe the psyche of even the most harried hotel guest. Expect Asian-inspired treatments to help you relax and revitalize.