Answers from Our Experts (1)
If you’re considering a stay at Hotel Okura Macau, here are five things to know in advance about the hotel:
1. The tech-friendly rooms. The Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Hotel Okura Macau offers complimentary Wi-Fi in your room as well as access across the hotel — a true necessity for the modern traveler. Add in a high-tech toilet — offered in all but the deluxe rooms — and a 42-inch LCD flat screen TV with satellite channels and movies on demand, and your tech fix is taken care of.
2. Access. The benefit of staying at the Galaxy complex — which is made up of the Galaxy Hotel, Hotel Okura Macau and Banyan Tree — is that you can easily experience the hustle and bustle of the complex’s many offerings, including the casino floor, shops, spa, restaurants and bars. Thankfully, though, booking a room at Hotel Okura Macau also means that if you want a few minutes of calm, all you have to do is step back through the Okura doors and you’re transported to your own Zen-inspired haven.
3. Japanese service. Offering its own interpretation of the Galaxy Macau complex’s motto, "World Class, Asian Heart," Hotel Okura Macau greets guests with personalized and distinctly Japanese luxury and calm. Hotel Okura was originally founded on the principle that its hotels must consistently offer the best accommodations and cuisine, and this maxim shows in all parts of Hotel Okura Macau — from the attentive service to the attention to detail in the hotel’s guest rooms and at its restaurants, including signature eatery Yamazato.
4. Location. The Cotai strip is quickly becoming Macau’s entertainment center, but if you want to access more cultural offerings — for instance, the old Portuguese town with the beautiful façade of St. Paul’s Church or the local Buddhist temples — you can’t get there by walking. You’ll need to take a short cab ride across the bridge to the Taipa side of the city.
5. Check-in. If your plane or boat arrives earlier in the day, be sure to confirm your check-in time before your trip. The hotel’s 3 p.m. check-in time isn’t usually a problem, however, since the courteous staff are happy to look after your luggage and point you in the direction of any one of its amenities to enjoy while you wait.