Answers from Our Experts (1)
Many of the hotels that dot the Cotai strip offer similar amenities, but what sets Hotel Okura Macau apart is the breadth of its choices and that it consistently goes above and beyond guests’ expectations. Here are five of the best amenities at this Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel:
1. The dining options. Although Yamazato, which serves fresh sushi and delectable grilled dishes, is the crown jewel of Hotel Okura Macau’s offerings, the hotel ensures that guests have a number of world-class options from which to choose. The All Day Dining Restaurant specializes in seafood and serves a fusion of Western and Asian dishes, while the Nagomi lobby bar offers a relaxing afternoon tea, which includes snacks from both Japan and Macau. Guests can also leave the tranquil Hotel Okura Macau premises to sample the nearly 50 other dining and lounge options in the Galaxy Macau complex.
2. Gym facilities. The fitness center is packed with top-of-the-line Technogym machines from ellipticals and treadmills to weightlifting equipment, and also offers a kinesis wall, a four-station circuit made up of resistance cable exercise equipment that allows for a wide range of movement and a huge variety of exercise patterns. After your workout, relax in the adjacent sauna or steam room.
3. The pools. The marble-decked indoor pool that looks out over the city is one of Hotel Okura Macau’s most popular year-round amenities. In the summer, guests also can take advantage of the Galaxy Macau complex’s Grand Resort Deck, which offers a 43,000-square-foot outdoor wave pool and a 21,500-square-foot, 350-ton white sand beach, where you’ll often find beach-themed classes and pick-up volleyball games.
4. Spa services to unwind. Just down the hall from the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Hotel Okura Macau is the Banyan Tree Spa Macau, with 21 beautifully appointed treatment rooms to soothe the psyche. Expect Southeast Asian-inspired treatments that perfectly complement Hotel Okura Macau’s refined ambiance.
5. The gaming floor. Located in the world’s top gambling destination on the vast Galaxy Macau complex, Hotel Okura Macau provides direct access to the casino’s six gaming areas, which offer a total of 600 gaming tables, 1,500 slot machines and dozens of private rooms that cater to all levels of gamblers.