Answers from Our Experts (1)
It’s difficult to pare down the best things about the impeccable and luxurious Hotel Okura Macau, but if we had to choose, these would make the cut:
1. The staff. Japanese hospitality is recognized the world over, and it’s clear that dedication to guest comfort is instilled in every member of the Hotel Okura Macau staff. From the kimono-clad door greeters, who seem like they’re waiting there just for you, to the personalized service at the hotel’s restaurants and lounges, everyone at this Macau hotel will make you feel at home, even if you’re only spending one night.
2. The gaming. One of the main draws to the Galaxy Macau complex — and to the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Hotel Okura Macau — is the shared casino floor, which offers 600 gaming tables and 1,500 slot machines catering to everyone from the casual gamblers to the high-rolling players from mainland, Hong Kong and abroad.
3. The pools. One of Hotel Okura Macau’s main attractions is its pool. The indoor pool area, complete with a Jacuzzi, looks out over the Macau skyline. Guests also have access to the Galaxy complex Grand Resort Deck, which offers a 43,000-square-foot outdoor wave pool and a 21,500-square-foot, 350-ton white sand beach.
4. Location. The vast 5.3-million-square-foot Galaxy complex is in the heart of Macau’s developing Cotai strip. Guests can venture out from Hotel Okura Macau’s serene space to visit the rest of the complex (which includes Macau’s biggest nine-screen 3-D cineplex) or even take a short cab ride to the city’s major cultural and entertainment attractions.
5. Yamazato. One of the best Japanese fine-dining restaurants in the city, Yamazato at Hotel Okura Macau offers a range of world-class Japanese fare — but its keiseki offerings, a traditional multi-course Japanese meal, are the star.