Answers from Our Experts (1)
You can find upscale restaurants and well-trained staff at just about any hotel on the Cotai strip, but what sets Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Mandarin Oriental, Macau apart is its amenities that concentrate on the details. Here are its best amenities:
1. The closet. Not only do the vast majority of rooms at the Mandarin Oriental have walk-in closets — a gift to any overseas traveler toting a lot of luggage — but each comes with a yoga mat if you want to work out when the gym isn’t open.
2. The spa. You can’t stay here without indulging in a spa treatment — or two — and the luxury hotel offers experiential packages to ensure you have no excuse for missing the hotel’s top highlight.
3. In-room check-in. With staff personally showing you the perks of a room upon checking in, the Mandarin Oriental offers an even higher level of personal service. From walking you though the room’s tech offerings to asking which newspaper you want in the morning, the staff makes in-room check-ins quick and informative.
4. Love for little ones. If you’re traveling with family in tow, children can get their own kid-sized beds, Xbox or PlayStation systems, menus and turndown services.
5. Vida Rica. The Five-Star hotel’s signature upscale restaurant and bar Vida Rica offers European- and Asian-inspired dishes and a 2,000-bottle wine cellar in contemporary surroundings with views of the city. Tip: Vida Rica is one of the two restaurants in Macau you can book through OpenTable.com.