Answers from Our Experts (1)
Narrowing down the best things about Mandarin Oriental, Macau — whose brand is known for world-class service — isn’t easy. If we had to choose though, here are the features that would make the cut:
1. Central location. One of the last hotels to go up on the original Taipa Macau strip, the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Mandarin Oriental, Macau is a stone’s throw from many of the major casino floors as well as city’s infamous bar area and cultural attractions. If you’re in Macau more for the shopping than casinos, then the hotel’s direct connection to One Central Macau, one of the city’s top malls, will be just what your wallet called for.
2. Luxurious spa. It wouldn’t be a Mandarin Oriental if there weren’t a top-notch spa involved. Take advantage of local specialties and try the two-hour Macanese Dragon Experience that brings together the best of Portuguese, Chinese and Western treatments for a Zen-inducing level of relaxation.
3. Personal service. From the in-room check-in to the expansive cocktail bar broken up into a maze of cozy niches for intimate conversations, the luxury hotel ensures you are looked after and made to feel at home, even if you’re only there for the night.
4. Views of Macau. Although Macau isn’t always much to look at during the day, it’s a whole different story when the area lights up at night. Every room in the hotel — from the lowest levels and the spa treatment rooms to the chef’s table at Vida Rica — capitalizes on Macau’s brightly lit evening bay views and cityscapes with large, often floor-to-ceiling, windows.
5. Room details. Although it has fewer rooms than most of its competitors, the Five-Star Macau hotel makes every item in each guest room count. The spacious rooms with walk-in closets would make any hotel in neighboring Hong Kong jealous, and it’s things like personal yoga mats, Aromatherapy Associates bathroom products and complimentary in-room espresso machines that drive the Mandarin Oriental’s attention to details home.