Answers from Our Experts (2)
Rooted in the satisfying flavors and rich culinary traditions of southern Italy, Aurora offers some of the best housemade pastas and Italian-style seafood in Macau. Here are five of our Forbes Travel Guide editors’ favorite things to order:
1. Start your meal with the smoked prawns with red capsicum sauce appetizer. We loved how perfectly the prawn’s subtle sea saltiness mingled with the delicate red-pepper sauce.
2. We highly recommend the fish fillets, which change depending on the season and fancy of the chef. Whatever the type of fish, it’ll be simply prepared to accentuate the natural flavors and complimented with an innovative side that’s as beautiful as it is delicious. Sea bass with saffron puree, vegetable caponata and capers was on the menu during our most recent visit.
3. Our editors are still daydreaming about the handmade fettuccini with Mediterranean mussels, sea urchin and parsley juice. The pasta was al dente and the sea urchin and mussels a delightful combination.
4. High-quality cheese platters can be difficult to find in Asia, so we simply couldn’t resist the opportunity to put one together from Aurora’s large selection of cheese sourced directly from Italy.
5. At the risk of being too broad, any of the housemade desserts on the menu are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. If we had to choose just one, however, it’d probably be the decadent manjari chocolate temptation.
Whether you’re dining at Aurora for lunch or dinner, we want to point out a few outrageously tasty favorites from the menu. If you come in for lunch, try the John Dory and squid in Acqua Pazza with Pantelleria capers and Taggiasca olives. Our dinner menu serves up a wide variety of delectable dishes, including the saffron Carnaroli risotto with spicy scallops and organic asparagus, as well as the red snapper with globe artichoke purée and onion jam, white chocolate and turmeric. We recommend that you save room for dessert, because our menu features two signature desserts designed to knock your socks off. Try either the show-stopping Manjari Chocolate Tentation (a trio of Verona quality chocolate served as a mousse, dark jelly and a sauce served with berries and a gold leaf) or the hot chocolate fondant with caramelized banana and Italian pistachio.