Answers from Our Experts (1)
With several standout items on the menu at this fine French restaurant, we present you with this list of the best things to order at Robuchon au Dôme:
1. The degustation menu. It’s both a time and stomach commitment, but the pinnacle experience you can have at Robuchon au Dôme is easily the degustation menu. You’ll enjoy course after course of caviar, foie gras and truffles via Robuchon’s inventive French dishes.
2. Wine. If you splurge on one bottle of wine a year let it be at the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star restaurant, which has a 500-plus page wine list and a well-versed sommelier who will match you up with the ideal bottle for your meal.
3. Dessert. It’s admittedly hard to save room for this final dish, but it’s well worth the effort. The French are known for delighting with soufflés, chocolate and cheese at the end of a meal.
4. The seasonal specialty. Robuchon au Dôme fashions its menus to the season, so you’ll notice a common thread of ingredients depending on the time of year you visit. Take advantage and order some of these season-specific dishes.
5. The cheese. When that trolley is wheeled to your table covered with wheels and wedges of all varieties, we dare you to resist. Each creamy hunk sounds better than the last, so leave it up to your server to pick a selection that will please.