Answers from Our Experts (2)
There’s a reason the Altira Spa has won accolades for its Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star service: it’s got a lot going for it beyond the fabulous ambiance and extensive treatment menu. Here are our five favorite spa amenities:
1. Treatment rooms have their own crystal steam showers and experience showers. After a soothing massage, there’s nothing more relaxing then stepping into one of the crystal steam showers or experience showers.
2. Rooms have fantastic views of Macau Peninsula, a short distance across the South China Sea from Altira. Be sure to check out the view by the indoor pool, with floor-to-ceiling windows; the view is simply remarkable.
3. As a guest of the Five-Star spa, you’ll have access to an indoor infinity-edge swimming pool, which has been named one of the best pools in the world. With floor-to-ceiling windows, an outdoor terrace and underwater music, the pool won’t disappoint you. Additionally, the lounge chairs on the deck of the pool, with thick, terry cloth cushions and multiple pillows, might be the most comfortable in Taipa. You be the judge.
4. The couple’s rooms are a private oasis for you and your mate. They’re large in size and amenities, which include a whirlpool with light therapy, priceless views overlooking Macau Peninsula, an experience shower, relaxation area and changing room.
5. For an even more private, soothing experience, book the Altira Spa retreat center with private treatment rooms (which spans over 3,000 square feet), a vitality pool, heated stone chairs, sauna, steam and rasul rooms. Hands down, this would be an amazing, healing place to book a party. It does, however, come at a cost: The treatment floors cost about HK$2,450 per hour.
From personalized service to couples chambers, Altira Spa offers a wealth of amenities. Here are just five.
1. Personalized Service: One of the pillars of our philosophy is the importance of designing and tailoring a special treatment experience for our guests. We use the forms you fill out before your appointment to assess your needs and preferences so we can create a personalized journey for you during your time at the spa.
2. Pool: We have an award-winning infinity-edge pool at Altira Macau, which guests have access to during their time at Altira Spa. With its underwater music, unmatched views of the Macau peninsula and South China Sea, and the super comfy lounge chairs with poolside refreshments — it doesn’t get much better than that.
3. Retreat Area: When you really want to get the ultimate spa experience, book our private treatment floors, which span a massive 1,000 square meters. The space is great for hosting birthday or bachelorette parties, but be prepared to shell out some cash — the treatment floors cost HK$2,427 per hour.
4. Couples Chambers: When you want to spend some private time with your significant other, our couples chamber are the ultimate duo experience, complete with their own relaxation area, experience shower and whirlpool with light therapy overlooking the Macau peninsula.
5. Crystal Steam Showers: After a soothing massage or a refreshing facial, step into one of our four different crystal steam showers or experience showers and choose the setting that suits your mood — the perfect way to continue your journey through our spa.