Answers from Our Experts (1)
Picking a spa treatment can be a challenge, especially when there are so many to choose from at a place such as Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Macau. Therefore, we’ve drawn up a list of what we think are the five best treatments:
1. Oriental Essence massage. It’s the signature treatment you’ll find at all Mandarin Oriental spas around the world, and the oil massage meant to relieve tension and boost your spirit, does just that.
2. Time Reversal facial. This facial, using Somme Institute products, yielded instant results. We walked away feeling like our skin was glowing and that feeling continued for a week. At times the Five-Star spa offers a promotion in which signature treatments include a sample of the products used, so we were able to recreate the facial several times at home.
3. Oriental Harmony massage. Who can pass up a four-hand scrub and massage when offered one? We know we can’t. You’ll have two therapists working in unison to make you feel harmoniously relaxed. Before it’s over, you’ll also enjoy a head and foot massage.
4. Chang Qin Journey. This two-hour and 50-minute treatment includes exfoliation, a steam shower and a massage that leaves you thoroughly relaxed and, as a bonus, incredibly soft.
5. Macanese Dragon Experience. This is a two-hour treatment that starts with a foot ritual, which leads into a scrub, before a steam shower and bath, and is followed by a Chinese lymphatic massage that incorporates bao ding, or Chinese jade meditation balls.