Answers from Our Experts (1)
You'll find plenty to eat and drink while staying at Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea. The Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star resort's three restaurants and great bars offer something to suit your taste any time of the day. Here are our five favorite things to eat and drink:
1. Dry-aged bone-in prime ribeye (DUO Steak & Seafood). Formerly the Pacific Grill, DUO is the newest restaurant on the property (since 2007). The prime cut steaks are all good but its signature dry-aged bone-in prime ribeye with Kula corn and the restaurant's special barbecue sauce is awesome.
2. Grilled pizza (Lobby Bar). The grilled pizza from the Lobby Bar is easily one of our favorites. It comes topped with pancetta, figs, red onion, Maytag blue cheese and chrysanthemum leaves. The interesting flavors make for a pizza that you will crave as a snack in the bar.
3. Blueberry mojito (Serenity pool). The must-have cocktail at the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star resort is the signature blueberry mojito at the adults-only Serenity pool. Swim up to the bar and order this tangy but refreshing concoction that's a specialty here.
4. Ricotta gnocchi (Ferraro's Bar e Ristorante). All of the pastas are made in-house and they are all good. But we recommend ordering the pillowy ricotta gnocchi with a red wine-braised short rib ragout and fresh mint. Delicious.
5. Spice ahi tuna poke in sesame-miso cones (Wolfgang Puck's Spago). The signature dish at the celebrity chef's always-buzzing Spago is the spicy ahi poke cones. It's the most popular dish for a reason. The crunchy cones are filled with chunks of raw ahi and a spicy aioli, tobiko (fish eggs) and bonito (skipjack tuna) shavings. We could order this dish every night.