Answers from Our Experts (1)
When eating and drinking at The Peabody Memphis, there is no such thing as ordering the wrong item. The hotel’s two award-winning restaurants offer a plethora of great dining options, and having a drink at the Lobby Bar or indulging in afternoon tea are Memphis traditions. Selecting only a few things to highlight as the best things to eat and drink here is nearly impossible, but here’s how we narrowed it down:
1. Venison Loin. The pièce de resistance on Chez Philippe’s summer menu is the Venison Loin with sous-vide baby fennel, celery root fondue and blackberry sauce. The meal highlights the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star restaurant’s classic French and Southern-infused cuisine and its use of fresh, local ingredients.
2. Filet mignon. At Capriccio Grill, the hotel’s Italian steakhouse, order the 12-ounce prime filet mignon with Maytag blue cheese crust and your choice of sauce. The dish is an example of the restaurant’s commitment to serving only U.S. prime steaks and chops.
3. The desserts. The luxury Memphis hotel's desserts are decadent, whether ordered from room service or at the on-site fine dining restaurant, as they are all created by executive pastry chef Konrad Spitzbart. Carrot Cake in the Peabody Deli & Desserts is an indulgence that will have you coming back for seconds.
4. Blackberry Sage tea. This is the perfect libation during afternoon tea at the “South’s Grand Hotel.” Included as part of a variety of fine teas and three-course menu of tea sandwiches, pastries and scones, the blended black tea is elegant and exquisite.
5. Peabody Cocktail. The signature drink of the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel's Lobby Bar, where people from all over Memphis come to see and be seen, is the Peabody Cocktail. The rum and Southern Comfort concoction will have you relaxing in the bar that’s considered “Memphis’ living room” and enjoying the view of the lobby fountain — you might even catch a glimpse of the world-famous Peabody Ducks are swimming in it.