Answers from Our Experts (1)
Fontainebleau Miami Beach is filled with amenities to make your visit to the Miami area more enjoyable. These are our favorites:
1. Lapis Spa. Sleek, modern and, not to mention enormous at 40,000 square feet, the hotel’s spa features an array of unique water elements like a heated mineral essence lap pool and the Bleau rain room where you can easily spend a few hours before enjoying your bamboo fusion massage.
2. The pools. Whether you’re the type to sip a frozen cocktail in a hot tub, relax in tranquility in a cabana or frolic in the water with the kids, the Forbes Travel Guide Recommended hotel's pool scene has something for you. If you’re not renting one of the specialty cabañas or lounge chair set-ups, go early to grab chairs in a prime spot.
3. Scarpetta. It might look like you’re stepping aboard a luxury cruise ship, but you can find some of the best Italian food in Miami at this outpost of Scott Conant’s Italian restaurant. Don’t miss the handmade pastas, especially the duck and foie gras ravioli.
4. LIV. Located just below the lobby, this nightclub is one of the city’s top see-and-be-seen venues — the Miami Heat decided to celebrate their 2012 NBA Finals win here. A great roster of DJs attracts a well-heeled crowd — so definitely dress to impress.
5. Hakkasan. The first American outpost of Alan Yau’s upscale Cantonese restaurant, Hakkasan serves Chinese food unlike anything you’ve sampled before. We love the exquisite dim sum, available either as an appetizer on the dinner menu, or as the focus of the restaurant’s weekend brunch.