Answers from Our Experts (1)
At Fontainebleau Miami Beach, you’ll have a range of dining options including casual bites at Solo, Fresh, Vida, Blade and La Côte, but we think the five best things to eat and drink come from the hotel’s fine dining establishments: Hakkasan, Scarpetta and Gotham Steak. Here are the best things to eat and drink at the iconic Miami Beach hotel:
1. Dim sum at Hakkasan. You’ve likely had shumai and har gau before, but the beautiful dumplings served at this upscale Cantonese eatery include unique options like a jet black squid ink prawn dumpling or a black truffle char siu bun. Check out the dim sum brunch every weekend beginning at noon, though if you can’t make it midday, the dinner menu offers a dim sum platter appetizer.
2. Duck and foie gras ravioli at Scarpetta. All the pastas at Scarpetta are made by hand. The spaghetti’s the claim to fame, but we adored these little triangular-shaped pockets filled with creamy goose liver and drizzled with a reduced Marsala sauce.
3. Bone-in rib-eye steak at Gotham Steak. The classic steakhouse gets an upgrade thanks to Alfred Portale’s melt-in-your-mouth cuts of beef. Opt for the prime dry-aged steaks, which include our fave, the bone-in rib eye, a Kansas City strip or a Porterhouse for two.
4. Coconut mousse at Hakkasan. We were struck by the elegant and dramatic plating of this dessert, which blended fresh flavors like pineapple and basil seeds with western technique and local Florida key lime sherbet.
5. Creamy polenta at Scarpetta. Sure it’s hot in Miami most of the time, but when you’re looking for some pure, warming comfort, dive into this appetizer that is accompanied by a fricassee of truffled mushrooms.