Answers from Our Experts (1)
There are plenty of wonderful things to eat and drink at the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Miami resort. Here are our five favorites:
1. The ceviche at The Ocean Grill. Snack on the sea bass ceviche with tequila and cilantro while you sit poolside looking out at the luxury Miami hotel’s private beach. The fresh fish mixed with the tangy tequila cilantro mixture is the epitome of fine beach food.
2. A Chili Passion martini at The Bar & Courtyard. This is The Setai’s signature drink for a reason. The fresh and spicy martini is made with chili-infused vodka, passion fruit-infused rum, ginger syrup and chili flakes.
3. Asian Fare at Jaya. You’ll find a variety of inventive dishes inspired by Japanese food and its southeastern neighbors in The Philippines and Vietnam, among others.
4. Sunday Brunch at Jaya. Bottomless Taittinger champagne — served up as Bellinis or Mimosas — and traditional dishes prepared à la minute (think waffles and omelets), as well as a bounty of local seafood and fresh-baked pastries draws hotel guests and locals alike. It’s all set to jazz and served from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
5. Andalusian gazpacho from room service. Served in a deep bowl, a generous portion of deep orange chilled gazpacho is topped with a dollop of brilliant white crème fraîche and sprinkled with basil. A thick lump of fresh crabmeat adds flavor, texture and filling protein. It’s refreshing and light after a day in the Miami Beach heat.