Answers from Our Experts (1)
The Setai, Miami Beach offers a wide range of amenities, and can pretty much take care of anything you may have forgotten to throw in your suitcase. Even so, here are the five things we would be sure to pack for a stay at the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel:
1. Bring a chic caftan in neutral or earth tones so you can lounge around the pool deck in style. You won't want to miss out on the terrific pool area (with three pools to choose from), and given that, you'll want to look your best. You won't have to bring a beach bag to stuff your towel and sunscreen in — there's one waiting for you in your closet. And if you fall in love with the tote, you can buy one to take home as a souvenir.
2. A good pair of running shoes should make the trip, if only because the brand new Technogym equipment (with free Wi-Fi) at the gym face the pools and we can't think of much better motivation than checking out buff bodies.
3. An extra suitcase can never hurt, as you're sure to return from strolling Lincoln Road with gifts in tow. It will only take you a few hours to fill up an entire suitcase with all the shopping options the area has to offer. Just be sure to remember your credit card, too.
4. Your iPod and headphones are a must at luxury hotel. After all, what better way is there to extend the Zen-like vibe of the hotel to your walks on the South Beach path and Mid-Beach boardwalk?
5. Load up on your evening attire. South Beach is always pretty casual, but at night, you'll ditch the shorts and sandals for slacks and heels. Miami is known for the their night clubs, but you won't be able to get in without jackets, closed-toed shoes and heels.