Answers from Our Experts (1)
It’s important to remember to pack sunscreen for those hot Miami days, but here are five other things you should know before heading to The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort:
1. Come here for some R&R. The beach and pool are both excellent, and it’s easy to spend your entire vacation without ever leaving the grounds. You’ll find comfy chairs and umbrellas set up for you on the stretch of white sandy beach, plus a tranquil adult pool and hot tub for you to soak away the stress. The Remède spa on the lower level will also leave you primed and pampered.
2. Your wish is the hotel’s command. The Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel offers an excellent butler service, available to procure any item you might have forgotten to fulfilling a special request to make your stay as comfortable as can be. If you’re staying in a suite, the butlers will even come to your room each morning to draw the blinds and deliver your daily cup of coffee.
3. Bring the kids. With a children’s club offering daily activities like water relays, musical dive rings, tea parties and team-building activities, a separate family and kids’ swimming pool and a children’s room service menu that even includes complimentary baby food purées, even the littlest traveler is bound to have a happy stay.
4. Check out the champagne sabering. Every night at 7:30 p.m. in the bar, you can witness the St. Regis tradition of a champagne bottle being opened with a saber — and you’ll get to drink the bubbly after it’s been opened.
5. Bal Harbour is a little far from central Miami. In terms of restaurants and cultural activities, you’re somewhat limited in the immediate surrounding area. However, the hotel is directly across the street from the amazing Bal Harbour Shops complex, which features such desirable brands as Alexander McQueen, Chanel, Escada, La Perla, Bulgari, Jimmy Choo, Piaget, Van Cleef & Arpels, Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus, Christofle and Bonpoint, plus so many others. Shopaholics, be warned.