Answers from Our Experts (1)
The opulent St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort is imbued with so many gorgeous features that make it one of the best places to stay in the Miami area. Still, here are the five best things about this grand new addition to the ritzy enclave just north of Miami Beach:
1. The beach. If you’re looking for some fun in the sun, the hotel has you covered. Comfy chairs and umbrellas (plus a full staff to help assist you in any way) are set up for you on the stretch of white sandy beach in front of the hotel overlooking turquoise waters.
2. Exceptional service. We left the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel truly believing that the staff valued our visit. With a great butler service, the hotel staff does everything it can to make you feel more at home, and nearly every interaction we had with a staff member ended with “Is there anything else I can assist you with?” Whether it’s leaving you a handwritten note wishing you a pleasant stay with your turndown service or staff offering you a welcome glass of champagne, know that the staff truly cares.
3. Spacious rooms with amazing views. Every room here boasts a spacious balcony (they start at over 200 square feet) with oversized lounge chairs that are the perfect spot for admiring the ocean vistas. Thanks to the clever zig-zag configuration of the hotel, even the lowest price accommodation offers prime views of surf and sand.
4. A sophisticated bar. We love the bar at the hotel, not only for its great cocktail and champagne collection, but because it offers a comfortable and luxurious setting and great nibbles. If you turn up just before 7:30 p.m., you can witness the St. Regis tradition of a champagne bottle being sabered every night. And you and the other hotel guests get to drink the bubbly after it’s been opened.
5. It’s very kid friendly (but not overrun with children). With a kids’ club offering daily activities like water relays, musical dive rings, tea parties and team-building activities, plus a great sandy beach and children’s swimming pool and a kids’ room service menu that even includes complimentary baby food purées, the hotel knows how to create a memorable experience for even the littlest traveler. But don’t worry, unlike some other Florida resorts, it’s still an adult playground.