Answers from Our Experts (1)
At Gili’s Pool Bar & Grill you can expect light, fresh fare with a Floridian flair. Our Forbes Travel Guide editors' favorite items on the menu play to the tropical location and let the local flavors shine through. You can’t beat these five options:
1. A pitcher of margarita or mojito. These classic steamy-weather cocktails are available poolside in pitchers for $45 each. The Mucho Mojito is served traditional style with fresh mint, lime and sugar (have the bartender add raspberries for an extra punch of flavor). The Ultimate Margarita is made with fresh fruit, agave nectar, and hornitos.
2. Mini crab cakes. Nothing says vacation quite like fried seafood. The bite-sized crab cakes are only lightly fried, so they won’t weigh you down or bloat you up.
3. Grilled mahi sandwich. Why resist ordering fresh fish when you’re this close to the ocean? Gili’s serves the catch of the day on a sandwich with avocado, tomato salsa and lime sour cream.
4. Key lime cheesecake. This tarty number is the ultimate solution for anyone who’s agonized choosing between key lime pie and traditional cheesecake.
5. Sushi sampler. Skip the difficult decisions (spicy tuna roll or shrimp tempura?) and opt for the sampler. You’ll get two pieces each of salmon, tuna and white fish.