Answers from Our Experts (1)
With several treatments that are meant to restore your body, mind and spirit at The Spa at The Setai, we’ve picked five of our favorites including the Ancient Balinese Massage, The Setai Oriental Ritual, REN Guerande Salt Exfoliating Body Balm, Organic Naturelle d’Orient Facial, and The Setai Love Bath Ceremony.
1. Ancient Balinese Massage: This combines Balinese palming, stretching, lighter massage strokes and pressure-point techniques to relax your body’s tense areas. We enjoyed the change of flow from a standard Swedish massage when sampling this treatment ($180 for an hour or $235 for 90 minutes).
2. The Setai Oriental Ritual: This 150-minute, $620 extravaganza includes an aromatherapy foot polish, a massage, an organic facial, an Asian-style foot massage, a Himalayan crystal body polish and an Oriental bathing ceremony. You’ll undergo a full-body treatment in less than three hours.
3. REN Guerande Salt Exfoliating Body Balm for Delicate Skin: This hourlong body balm treatment exfoliates the skin with French mineral sea salt (combined with basil, peppermint, olive and almond oils). Post polish, hot towels are used to wipe away the balm and soak in the oils. Then, a rose body cream is applied. After this treatment, your skin is left hydrated, smooth and glowing.
4. Organic Naturelle D’Orient Facial: For $150, and 60 minutes of your time, you can indulge in this facial that begins with a cleanse and exfoliation. It also includes a steam and massage and is topped off with a regenerative masque. The service concludes with an anti-aging moisturizing cream.
5. The Setai Love Bath Ceremony: This ceremony is a bathing ritual for two in the deluxe double spa suites with oversized tubs and a private steam shower. This treatment includes includes a love potion, rose petals, champagne and canapés ($150 for 30 minutes). Anniversary gift, anyone?