Answers from Our Experts (1)
Creating a list of the best things about Sorrel River Ranch Resort & Spa in Moab isn’t the challenge; it’s keeping the list to just a few things that’s tough, but here goes:
1. The location. The fact that you take a designated scenic byway to get to Sorrel River Ranch Resort & Spa is the first clue that this 160-acre property is going to have mind-blowing views. Situated next to the Colorado River and surrounded by glowing red rock formations, the Forbes Travel Guide Recommended resort certainly offers an impressive setting.
2. The activities. Horseback riding, hiking, photo tours, river rafting – there’s no end to the possible ways you can spend your days at Sorrel River Ranch Resort & Spa.
3. The emphasis on eating local. The resort has its own garden for growing produce and River Grill Restaurant’s chef uses local beers, honey, cheese and meats to create the seasonal menu.
4. The adventure concierge. The resort’s adventure concierge has seen and done everything on the property and can help you decide whether your time is best spent on horseback or wandering through a nearby canyon.
5. The relaxing atmosphere. You can easily spend an afternoon on your cabin’s front porch or lounging at the lodge’s river deck and not feel guilty about kicking back.