Answers from Our Experts (1)
There are many things to love about L’Auberge Carmel, the historic luxury hotel in the heart of this oceanside village. Here are the best things about it:
1. Location. You really can’t do much better than the location in the heart of Carmel-by- the-Sea. Even though you’re a short walk from the beach and popular cafes, boutiques and art galleries, the surrounding neighborhood is quiet and peaceful.
2. Décor. The hotel itself has a vintage feeling similar to a European chalet or cottage with the stucco exterior, brick courtyard and blooming plants in terracotta pots. Inside you’ll find sleek and modern furnishings and a soothing neutral color scheme.
3. Justin Cogley. The young chef who runs Aubergine is earning acclaim from national publications like Food & Wine Magazine for his inventive cuisine that’s inspired by the sea. Sit down to a tasting menu paired with a well-curated list of international wines.
4. Service. The staff at the hotel is devoted to making sure you feel taken care of from the moment you arrive. Your bags are whisked away, your car is parked and it’s all done with a smile.
5. Special touches. Throughout your stay, you’ll be greeted by special amenities like the Asian snack mix in your room, the little bowl of housemade salted butter caramels, and the cookies and milk left during the turndown service.