Answers from Our Experts (1)
The Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa website makes planning your trip to California’s Central Coast much easier. Here are five things to know before you arrive at the Monterey luxury hotel:
1. How to find the hotel. Monterey Plaza is a quick 10-minute drive from the Monterey Peninsula Airport, a two-hour drive (100 miles) from the San Francisco International Airport and about 90 minutes (75 miles) from the San Jose International Airport. The hotel staff is more than happy to arrange car service from these airports to the Monterey Plaza Hotel. The hotel is at 400 Cannery Row, perched over Monterey Bay, just a short distance from the Monterey Bay Aquarium.
2. It’s an independent hotel. Monterey Plaza is a part of Woodside Hotels, an independent group of luxury hotels, spas and restaurants in California. This family-run business was founded in 1972 and claims its success is driven by the dedication of its associates. Other hotels in this group include the Stanford Park Hotel in Menlo Park, Hotel Drisco in San Francisco, Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa in Lafayette, Napa Valley Lodge in Yountville and Bodega Bay Lodge in Bodega Bay.
3. This hotel is green. It is a certified green business by the Bay Area Green Business Program. The luxury hotel has earned this distinction by adhering to a strict water conservation program throughout its property. Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa also uses environmentally safe cleaning supplies, has adopted a recycling program, and actively participates in a program to promote sustainable seafood, sponsored by the Monterey Bay Aquarium.
4. It’s heaven for golfers. The luxury hotel has a preferred partnership with Del Monte Golf Course. Guests of the hotel receive preferred tee times and discounted green fees. This Pebble Beach golf course is one of the oldest courses in the U.S. Of course, you are invited and encouraged to play at many other championship courses near the hotel, too.
5. You can learn something new. Broaden your horizons and learn something new during your visit to the hotel. Monterey Plaza offers opportunities for you to attend cooking demonstrations, jewelry-making classes and wine-tasting events. Ask the friendly concierge staff how to sign up for one of these activities.