Answers from Our Experts (1)
Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa offers so many creative and thoughtful amenities to may your stay more enjoyable. These are the best:
1. Concierge staff. There is so much for you to see and do in the Monterey area. The experienced concierge staff is intimately familiar with the hotel and its surrounding area and can assist with ordering tickets to popular attractions, setting up golf tee times and making reservations for restaurants or wine tasting excursions, to name a few.
2. Full-service spa. The Vista Blue Spa offers a variety of services and amenities and is located on the penthouse level of the hotel with a breathtaking view of Monterey Bay. Spa services include a variety of massages, exfoliating scrubs, facials, pedicures and manicures. The spa is available for guests 18 years of age and older.
3. Schooners Coastal Kitchen & Bar. Executive chef James menu features a variety of seafood options, as well as grilled entrées, fresh salads and appetizers. In his official restaurant biography, he says, “The abundance of fresh foods available on the Monterey Peninsula makes it possible to develop menus that are simple, elegant, and exciting.”
4. Courtesy car service. The hotel offers complimentary shuttle service in its Mercedes-Benz R-class multi-purpose vehicle. The house car offers rides to and from Monterey Peninsula Airport, as well as other locations in Monterey and Pacific Grove. You can reserve the shuttle service with the valet desk. And while it’s complimentary, gratuities are always appreciated
5. Weddings. The hotel has an array of elegant spaces to accommodate groups from 30 to 250 people. Each ballroom or outdoor space offers a full ocean view for a romantic setting. The catering team has a large menu to accommodate a variety of tastes. A wedding coordinator can assist with every last detail including flowers, photos, music, room décor, and transportation.