Answers from Our Experts (1)
There are lots of things to love about Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa in California’s scenic Central Coast. Here are the best things about this hotel overlooking the bay:
1. Accommodations. This luxury hotel has 290 guest rooms and 10 suites surrounded by beautifully landscaped grounds. Many of these upscale rooms offer dramatic views and are adorned with plush down bed covers, Biedermeier-style furniture, HDTV flat-screen televisions, complimentary high-speed Internet access and a large marble bathroom with a separate vanity.
2. Location. This hotel occupies coveted real estate overlooking Monterey Bay where you can catch a glimpse of playful sea otters and dolphins from many room balconies and the wide outdoor patio areas. You’ll appreciate the close proximity to the aquarium, championship golf courses, upscale shopping and restaurants.
3. Spa. The Vista Blue Spa is an 11,000-square-foot sanctuary of relaxation, renewal and comfort perched above Monterey Bay. Enjoy a full or partial day of soothing massages, facials and body treatments to calm and rejuvenate your body. In addition to personal treatments, you can unwind in the relaxation lounge, stream room, sauna and hot tub.
4. Food. Executive chef James Waller expertly leads the staff at Schooners Coastal Kitchen & Bar, which serves contemporary American cuisine and seafood dishes. Café La Strada offers a more casual setting and serves coffee and pastries in the morning and sandwiches, soups and desserts throughout the day.
5. Activities. The concierge staff is happy to assist hotel with planning activities around Monterey Peninsula area like visits to the Monterey Bay Aquarium, Monterey Maritime Museum and Point Lobos State Park. The concierge can also help you gain access to 19 world-class championship golf courses, as well as opportunities to scuba dive, kayak, bicycle, and play tennis. Or, opt for the scenic 17-mile drive, Big Sur, Carmel-by-the-Sea, Cannery Row, Fisherman’s Wharf, and the National Steinbeck Center or take a wine-tasting tour. There is something for everyone not far from the Monterey hotel.