Answers from Our Experts (1)
Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa makes it easy to eat, drink and be merry with all the delicious dining options on the property. Schooners Coastal Kitchen & Bar, Café La Strada, The Piano Lounge, and in-room dining are available for your eating and drinking enjoyment. We think the best things to eat include:
1. Peet’s Coffee. Wake up to a fresh cup of Peet’s Coffee, a favorite among coffee lovers in California and other spots across the U.S. Peet’s coffee emphasizes quality beans and a dark roasting style that produces coffee with richness and complexity.
2. Patio Boss margarita. Come see why the Patio Boss has been hailed as Monterey County’s best drink with a view by the local newspaper. This Schooners Coastal Kitchen & Bar drink is mixed with Patron tequila, Citronge orange liqueur, sweet-and-sour and mix and then topped with a float of Grand Marnier.
3. Seared King salmon. Executive chef James Waller and his team like to work with fresh seafood. They start with fresh King salmon that’s sustainably caught off the coast of Washington state. The salmon filets are rubbed with a flavorful Peruvian mole sauce and served over flageolet beans and shrimp.
4. Raw oysters. Chef Waller serves fresh raw oysters on the half shell, changing the variety throughout the year, depending on which regional oysters are best. Squeeze a lemon, or add horseradish and cocktail sauce for additional flavor.
5. Filet mignon. Famous for its tenderness, filet mignon is a signature dish in chef Waller’s kitchen. For extra flavor, it’s wrapped in bacon with spicy prawns and potato pave thoughtfully plated on the side.