Answers from Our Experts (1)
With only 67 guest rooms, The White Elephant pays loads of attention to every guest, and that includes stocking its grounds with plenty of enviable amenities. Here are the ones that stand out:
1. The White Elephant Spa. This small but luxurious indoor-outdoor spa caters mostly to guests and creates a relaxing retreat from the rest of the hotel. Choose from a menu of nature-derived massage, body and facial treatments that use Amala spa products.
2. Boats. You can walk directly from your guest room at The White Elephant onto its dock and into a variety of boating excursions. One option: a ride in a Hinckley yacht. The Nantucket hotel partners with a local mariner’s club to offer guests trips on these wooden beauties — complete with captain, cocktails and, if you’d like, tubing. Foodies should hop the Topper's water shuttle for a straight shot to sister hotel The Wauwinet and its Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star restaurant for lunch or dinner.
3. Beaches. The White Elephant is within walking distance of Nantucket’s popular Children’s Beach. There’s no need to pack your gear; the hotel will provide you with beach chairs and towels. And since this sandy stretch is as family-friendly as it sounds, you can also request a wagon full of beach toys from The White Elephant.
4. Harborside lawn. It would be pleasant enough to sit on The White Elephant’s harborside lawn and gaze at Nantucket’s wharfs and waters. Comfortable lounge chairs elevate the experience, and summer cocktail service seals the deal: This is one of the best spots on the island.
5. Library. The cozy first-floor library serves as a hub at this luxury hotel, and for good reason. Every morning brings “early riser” coffee and tea. Every afternoon from 4 to 5 p.m., look for complimentary port and cheese. There are books and board games to borrow, a wide selection of daily newspapers and plenty of seating for socializing.