Answers from Our Experts (1)
You don’t need to pack much for your stay at The Hermitage Hotel — the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel provides tons of amenities, from oversized robes to free Wi-Fi. However, there are a few things you’ll want to stuff in your suitcase before you head to Music City. Here are a few items that will come in handy during your stay at The Hermitage Hotel:
1. Cowboy boots. For those late nights on Broadway spent line dancing at the famous honky-tonks, you’ll want to fit in with the locals by donning your finest country western attire.
2. Camera. There’s plenty of sightseeing to do in Nashville, and you’ll find many of the sites just around the corner from The Hermitage Hotel. Make sure you stop at the Capitol to snap some shots of the stately building and the Ryman Auditorium, the original home of the Grand Ole Opry stage.
3. Hiking boots. They’ll come in handy if you plan on hitting one of the many trails and parks just outside Nashville. See for yourself why middle Tennessee is known as a haven for outdoor enthusiasts.
4. Your appetite. Besides sampling the down-home comfort foods Nashville is traditionally known for (the spicy fried chicken at Prince’s is renowned), foodies will find plenty of trendy restaurants in districts like East Nashville. Of course, you don’t even have to leave the luxury hotel to find farm-to-table cuisine at Capitol Grille, the onsite Four-Star restaurant where chef Tyler Brown serves up heritage beef and heirloom veggies like carrots and sweet potatoes.
5. Room in your suitcase. If you love quaint boutique shopping, you’ll find plenty of it in Nashville. Try out eclectic shopping districts like Hillsboro Village and 12South. Just want your high-end staples like Nordstrom and Louis Vuitton? Head to The Mall at Green Hills, about a five-mile drive from downtown.