Answers from Our Experts (2)
The Astor Court features a special section on the menu for St. Regis classics. The French onion soup topped with a crouton and Gruyere cheese is a guest favorite, as is the King Cole Burger that is made to order and served with house cured pickles, french fries and coleslaw. The Astor Court also puts a twist on the Cobb salad, offering it with lump crabmeat. For true decadence, one must order the croque monsieur. The Astor Court is also known for afternoon tea. The afternoon tea offers a large selection of teas from around the world and includes a selection of tea sandwiches and three tiers of sweet treats — freshly baked scones with double Devonshire cream, red fruit preserves and lemon curd and assorted tea cakes and tarts.
You’ll find that the menu at The Astor Court in The St. Regis New York is quite tempting, so it may be difficult to order. To offer some assistance, here are five of the best things to order at The Astor Court:
1. French onion soup. It’s considered a classic here and for good reason. The hearty broth studded with sweet onions is topped with a crouton and melted Gruyère cheese.
2. King Cole burger. Another classic, the King Cole burger is a meaty one that’s served with house-cured pickles, coleslaw and thick French fries.
3. Grilled sirloin steak. Whether for lunch or dinner, the dry-aged sirloin steak is divine, served in the French way with fries and béarnaise sauce.
4. Striped bass. The tender filets are accompanied by a parsnip purée, leeks, carrots, roasted turnips and a tarragon sauce.
5. Roasted chicken. Always a delicious choice, especially at a high-end restaurant, the juicy roast chicken is served with porcini risotto and truffle butter.