Answers from Our Experts (1)
Among Crosby Street Hotel’s many highlights, here are the best things about the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel:
1. The Manhattan hotel’s premier location in the middle of Soho is one of its key attributes. Although it has many alluring features, the hotel would be worth visiting solely on location alone. Chain and boutique shops abound, all within a block or two of the hotel. Notable restaurants are also nearby, including the celebrated Balthazar.
2. The kitschy yet elegant interior design of the New York boutique hotel is stunning and memorable. From the Moroccan-themed hotel restaurant (The Crosby Bar & Terrace) to the modern artwork throughout, the Crosby Street Hotel feels like a museum, only cozier.
3. While the best guestroom views are offered in the top-floor suites, all the rooms feature stunning floor-to-ceiling warehouse-style windows with scenic views of lower Manhattan. In our room on the hotel’s eighth floor, the views of surrounding warehouses, rooftop gardens and busy streets made us feel like an integral, moving part of New York life.
4. The heart of the hotel’s social scene lies within The Crosby Bar & Terrace, a trendy and chic downtown spot favored by both visitors and locals. The hip bar and restaurant is open all day and offers fresh American cuisine, with a nod to the hotel’s British roots in its daily English Afternoon Tea.
5. One of the perks of staying at Crosby Street Hotel is having access to the private, guest-only areas. These include The Drawing Room, a 24-hour guest-only lounge that offers a quieter setting and more personalized service than the lively The Crosby Bar & Terrace. In addition to the restaurant courtyard, hotel guests can enjoy the secluded sculpture garden. With lush greenery and plenty of seating, the outdoor space provides a welcome retreat during the warmer months.