Answers from Our Experts (1)
Here are a few things to know about chic Gild Hall before booking a room:
1. The hotel is a bit off the beaten path. This isn’t to say it’s inconvenient — quite the opposite, in fact — but it is a few steps off of the main nearby roads. What all of that really means is that it just may take an extra second to hail a taxi. Of course, the other side to this coin means the property is quiet, almost assuring you won’t be bothered by rowdy street revelers when you come back to the hotel at night.
2. There’s no spa or pool at Gild Hall. Remember: You’re not booking a room at one of the larger, corporate hotels nearby. But that also means that some amenities that you may expect from an elegant New York hotel aren’t available.
3. La Soffitta is often used for after-work events by Financial District companies. Unfortunately, this means you’ll have to stomach tight crowds and louder acoustics should you want to stop by for an early-evening drink. Luckily, Felice Ristorante & Wine Bar has an area just off the lobby downstairs that will suffice for a quieter and calmer libation experience.
4. Felice Ristorante & Wine Bar is more than an intimate spot for imbibing, though. The Forbes Travel Guide Recommended hotel's eatery serves authentic Tuscan fare for breakfast, lunch and dinner as well.
5. The boutique hotel is kid friendly. Staffers are happy to cater to guests of all ages, be it by finding them activities to keep them entertained or assisting you in locating a babysitter.