Answers from Our Experts (1)
Choosing the best amenities at Mandarin Oriental, New York is tricky, since the luxury Midtown Manhattan hotel offers so much. Here are the amenities at the hotel that top the charts:
1. The Spa at Mandarin Oriental. Pamper yourself at the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star spa, located on the 35th floor of the hotel. After detoxing in the amethyst steam room and taking a dip in the oxygenated vitality pool, soothe your muscles with an Oriental Essence massage or go all out with the Thai yoga experience.
2. Asiate. The New York hotel’s signature restaurant features beautifully presented Asian-influenced American cuisine, with signature dishes like Buckwheat and Eggs, which pairs soba noodles with osetra caviar and uni (sea urchin) cream. And while the food’s unquestionably good, the views are even better.
3. Top-notch concierges. Whether you need tickets to the buzziest Broadway show or dinner reservations at one of the city’s famed dining establishments, the exceptionally knowledgeable and friendly concierges will assist you with every whim imaginable.
4. Fashionable fixes. Don’t look quite as dapper as you’d like? Fear not. In addition to the complimentary shoe shine available, the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel’s concierge has a relationship with shirt maker Thomas Pink and can instantly send up dress shirts (for both men and women) and ties to your room.
5. The swimming pool. Finding a hotel in New York with a swimming pool at all is a challenge, which is why the 75-foot lap pool at Mandarin Oriental is such a treasure. The spacious indoor pool, which is located on the 36th floor, also offers amazing views of the New York skyline and Hudson River. It’s as though you’re swimming in the sky.