Answers from Our Experts (1)
With an extensive room service menu and delicious French fare at Gaby Restaurant, you’ll find a variety of great things to eat and drink at Sofitel New York. Here is our list of the five best things to eat and drink at the hotel:
1. Italian scrambled eggs. If you’re ordering room service for breakfast at the Forbes Travel Guide Recommended hotel, we suggest you order these delicious eggs scrambled. They come with sautéed tomatoes and are served with fingerling potatoes alongside a bakery basket of warm croissants.
2. Croque Monsieur. If you’re dining at Gaby (or you can order this from room service, too), this is the sandwich to get. Made with delicious Parisian ham, Gruyère cheese and béchamel sauce, it is served on thick brioche and comes with a side of crispy fries and mixed greens.
3. Quiche Forestière. Order this delicious dish during lunch at Gaby — it’s served with wild mushrooms, goat cheese, pine nuts and mixed greens.
4. Steak frites. This popular French dish is done right here. Think savory grilled top sirloin with shallot sauce, a side of mixed greens and thin, crispy fries.
5. His and Her cocktail creations. Head to the bar at Gaby and order a drink from the “His” and “Her” cocktail creation lists. You’ll find beverages such as the Dark & Stormy and the Brazilian Hemingway for him alongside a White Grapefruit Cosmopolitan and a Moscow Mule for her.