Answers from Our Experts (1)
If you’re considering a stay at The Lowell, you’re in for a treat. Located on East 63rd Street between Park and Madison avenues in New York City, this Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star boutique hotel is a short distance from some of the best dining, shopping and sightseeing the city has to offer. While you can’t go wrong with so many cultural offerings, we’ve rounded up a list of the top things you should know about The Lowell before you make your reservation:
1. This hotel is one of the most historic in the city, so rooms can be costly and must be reserved early. Rooms and suites range from $600 to more than $2,000 per night — but we think the terrace views of the Upper East Side, unsurpassed service and intimate ambience are worth the price.
2. From room to room, the décor and features vary; so if you would like a suite with a terrace or wood-burning fireplace, or a room with a separate shower and bathtub, you should request these amenities when you make your reservation.
3. The best views are from the rooms on higher floors — especially those with ivy creeping up the terraces, facing East 63rd Street.
4. While there are no planned activities other than daily tea, there are a myriad of options just a short walk from the hotel for Upper East Side dining and shopping.
5. Because it is a smaller, older property, The Lowell’s gym, guest room closets and work spaces are, as one would expect, scaled down compared with some other luxury New York hotels. But what it lacks in size, this Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel makes up for in charm and personalized services.