Answers from Our Experts (1)
The Lowell, an intimate luxury hotel on the Upper East Side of New York City, is set apart by its personalized service. While we think you’ll find many things to love about the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel — it’s long been a favorite of locals, business travelers and tourists alike — we’ve narrowed down a list of our favorites:
1. The Lowell’s entrance is breathtaking — with an Art Deco-style lobby, pristine marble floors, velvet curtains and French empire-style furniture. Guest rooms and suites feature handpicked art and antiques, plush bedding, extra seating and numerous in-room amenities.
2. The concierge can speak at least nine different languages and goes above and beyond to provide exceptional service to hotel guests. Whether you need to know about nearby fitness classes, how to borrow an e-Reader or where to dine and shop, the knowledgeable and friendly staff will be able to answer all your questions.
3. With 72 guest rooms and suites, The Lowell is a cozy hotel where you’ll rarely find a line at the concierge. The Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel’s intimate size — which attracts many couples looking to host wedding parties — sets it apart from its fierce competition.
4. Many of the suites have romantic wood-burning fireplaces (a rare feature in New York City) and ivy-laced terraces overlooking the Upper East Side. Be sure to request these amenities at reservation, as they do not come standard in all suites.
5. The renowned Pembroke Room, which is open for breakfast, weekend brunch, afternoon tea and occasional specialty cocktails, transports guests back to the glamour of old New York with plush seating and elaborate décor. You’ll definitely feel like a lady — or lad — who lunches, whether you stop in for finger sandwiches or a classic omelet.