Answers from Our Experts (1)
The Lowell has a variety of amenities that showcase its commitment to excellent, personalized guest services:
1. It’s nearly impossible to get bored in the guestrooms at this Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel — each one is equipped with a flat-screen, 37-inch television, complimentary wireless Internet, three telephones, a fax machine and a docking station for your iPod or iPhone (both available upon request). The concierge can also arrange for in-room video games.
2. A complimentary welcome beverage — your choice of champagne, water, coffee or iced tea — greets every guest. You’ll also be treated to Voss water at turndown service.
3. Business travelers can always look their best with the luxury hotel’s seven-days-a-week laundry services, including 24-hour express pressing and complimentary shoeshine, available with 24 hours’ notice.
4. The Lowell’s second-floor gym has an impressive amount of equipment for a smaller hotel. There are three treadmills, a StairMaster, rowing machine, pro stationary bike, free weights and exercise balls. A complimentary health snack station, bottled water and fresh fruits are also available before or after your workout.
5. In 33 of the suites, there are wood-burning fireplaces — a rarity for any hotel, let alone one in Manhattan. They are perfect to sit beside during a romantic dinner from the 24-hour room service.