Answers from Our Experts (1)
The Mark is a stylish boutique hotel in New York that offers plenty of amenities for travelers. Here are our favorites:
1. 24-hour room service. You'll find the same delicious food from The Mark Restaurant by Jean-Georges — like crostini topped with burrata and fava beans and caramelized beef tenderloin — available for your dining pleasure at any hour. The late-night menu is more limited, but still offers plenty of treats, like the signature Mark burger topped with Brie and black truffle dressing.
2. Bespoke bikes and strollers. The Mark's guests have access to a fleet of custom-designed bicycles and strollers, made exclusively for the hotel by Republic Bikes and Maclaren, respectively. Both stylish sets of wheels feature the luxury hotel's signature black-and-white stripes, and bikes come with helmets and baskets — perfect for picnicking in nearby Central Park.
3. In-room technology and iButler. All rooms at the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel are equipped with an integrated audio-visual system featuring a Bang & Olufsen television with LCD flat screen. A Crestron touch-screen console allows you to manage everything in the palm of your hand, from the lights to the temperature. You’ll also have free and easy use of Wi-Fi Internet access, and the bathroom has an in-mirror television, should you want to watch CNN while showering. And if you encounter any technological difficulties, either with your own equipment or while trying to master the in-room Blu-ray DVD player, don't fret. The luxury New York hotel has its own IT staff who can help you navigate any bug.
4. Personal shoppers. New York is one of the world’s prime shopping destinations, but if you don’t have time to hit up all the boutiques, the hotel can arrange for personal shoppers (or cars and drivers) to assist you with all your buying needs.
5. Free shoe shine. John Lobb is one of Britain’s top bespoke shoemakers, and he trained The Mark’s staff how to properly shine footwear for the complimentary shoe shines offered. It’s small and professional details like these that make The Mark stand out from the pack.