Answers from Our Experts (1)
There are many great things about Forbes Travel Guide Four Star hotel The Mark, one of New York’s top boutique hotels located on East 77th Street, but these are our favorite:
1. Location. At The Mark, you’re just minutes from the best of Madison Avenue’s shopping, Central Park’s jogging paths and bike routes and the city’s best collections of art at Metropolitan Museum of Art and the Whitney Museum of American Art.
2. Design. The Mark’s interiors — both in the guest rooms and in the lobby areas — blend of classic elegance with modern art to impeccably stylish results.
3. Concierge services. The hotel’s concierges are well-informed about New York’s top restaurants and boutiques, and will happily assist you with whatever you need, be it a personal shopper or dinner reservation.
4. The Mark Restaurant by Jean-Georges. Jean-Georges Vongerichten’s restaurant, located on the ground floor of the luxury New York hotel, offers seasonal American cuisine with the occasional Asian influence. Go for lunch when sunlight floods the atrium, and you can snack on burrata crostini with grilled ramps and fava beans or the truffle-and-fontina pizza.
5. Hotel bathrooms. We love the spacious Art Deco-style, black-and-white marble bathrooms accented with pale green cabinetry at The Mark. All come equipped with double sinks, towel warmers and in-mirror television consoles, while tub and shower fixtures are accented with stylish nickel fixtures from Lefroy Brooks.