Answers from Our Experts (1)
Located on the ground level of The Mark just behind the lobby, The Mark Restaurant by Jean-Georges serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, and offers a great selection of small bites and hearty entrees that span the globe. The don’t-miss dishes at this Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel include:
1. Crispy sushi. Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten might have been born in Alsace, but the flavors of Asia have captured his heart. In this appetizer, you’ll enjoy salmon, tuna, scallop, hamachi and avocado, served atop crispy rice for a new twist on sushi.
2. Steamed shrimp salad. Topped with fresh avocado and enoki mushrooms and drizzled with champagne dressing, this fresh starter is a standout.
3. THE MARK Cheeseburger. When you’re in the mood for rich and decadent, look no farther than this hearty entrée, served with black truffle dressing and creamy Brie.
4. Grand Marnier and chocolate chip soufflé. A good soufflé is a classic, and this version is lilted with comforting citrus flavors and we liked the icy contrast of the mandarin sorbet.
5. Housemade sodas. While you can find a full range of cocktails at The Mark Bar by Jean-Georges, if you’re looking for something refreshing and non-alcoholic, definitely order one of the fizzy, fruity housemade sodas, which come in exotic flavors like cherry-yuzu and calamansi, a tart citrus fruit that tastes like a cross between a mandarin and a lime.