Answers from Our Experts (1)
The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York is a regal property that is full of excellent amenities. Here are the ones we adore the most:
1. Perrine. The upscale eatery offers seasonally inspired fare and vintage Pierre classics. Executive chef Ashfer Biju’s simple and elegant dishes are enhanced by vibrant ingredients and harmonious flavor pairings, from expertly prepared meat and seafood entrées to colorfully composed vegetable dishes. The cocktail menu features inventive libations while executive pastry chef Michael Mignano’s desserts are a wink to The Pierre’s indulgent personality.
2. The room service. The Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel’s room service is a treat and available 24 hours a day.
3. Two E Bar. Head over to the lobby lounge and try one of the eclectic cocktails, like a Pierre-tini (Bombay gin, housemade garam masala, Crème Yvette and pineapple juice), while you munch on excellent complimentary bar snacks, like hard white cheese, gorgeous green olives and housemade chips. Indulge in afternoon tea, where you can feast on mini lemon meringues, fruit tarts and freshly baked ginger scones with Devonshire cream and Meyer lemon curd.
4. The gym. The fitness center’s walls have stunning hand-painted murals depicting scenes from India. But it isn’t all looks: The gym provides state-of-the-art equipment, such as Life Fitness treadmills, bikes and elliptical trainers. On a table in the entrance you’ll find a bevy of snacks to help you refuel, such as apples, bananas and Kind granola bars. Wash them down with bottles of water and Naked juice from the mini-fridge.
5. The Grand Ballroom. The hotel’s striking Grand Ballroom is what dream weddings are made of. The 8,526-square-foot space boasts an intricate silver and gold ceiling, rich carpeting and beautiful chandeliers.